Medical abortion by phone (tele-abortion)
Home abortion, also known as tele-abortion or a medical abortion by phone, provides a safe and private way to terminate an early pregnancy with medication without having to visit one of our clinics or find a local prescriber.
At-home abortions do not require you to visit one of our clinics, rather, we provide you with all you need to have your ultrasound performed. You then have a consultation over the phone with one of doctors specialised in medical abortion treatment. You are then sent the abortion medications by courier, which take 1-3 days to arrive, and then proceed in the privacy and comfort of your own home, with free access to our 24/7 nurse aftercare service.
Our home abortion service is a convenient, affordable and discrete way of accessing abortion services, with a specialist provider leading the standard of medical abortion care in Australia.
We have established strict protocols and standards for medical abortion treatment and are proud of having led the way in medical abortion care in Australia.
It can be hard to know how to support someone who has had an abortion, so we put together a guide for anyone who wants to learn more about providing timely and empathetic emotional support.
For more information about our home abortion service or to make an appointment, follow the links below or watch this short video.
Speak to our friendly staff or enquire online
for a home abortion by phone with one of our specialised doctors
Process for medical abortion by phone
You may be eligible for a medical abortion by phone if you:
- Are over 16 years of age
- Live in the Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, the Northern Territory, Queensland, Tasmania, Victoria or Western Australia. (As soon as it is legal to do so, South Australians will be able to use this service)
- If you live in Western Australia, you will require a referral from your GP
- Live within 2 hours of 24/7 emergency medical care such as a hospital emergency department
- Can understand and speak English (interpreter unavailable for this service)
- Have access to the internet
- Are no more than 8 weeks pregnant (56 days) at the time of your consult by phone with the doctor
Home abortion prices
Home abortion costs are based on the minimum cost for patients holding a valid Medicare card. Further discounts apply for Healthcare Card holders in many cases. Home abortion price does not include medication as this can vary depending on whether or not you have a Healthcare Card. Ask us for more information about home abortion costs and pricing when you make your booking.
Medical abortion by phone
*Cost is based on Medicare cardholders and excludes cost of medication as discounts may apply depending on your health cover and whether you have a Healthcare card. Postage is also not included.