Welcome. We’re so glad you could join the conversation!
We encourage active engagement and want all opinions to be heard, but to keep this a happy, safe and non-judgemental space we do have a few house rules.
- Treat others with respect – remember that there is a human being on the other side of the screen.
- If you disagree with someone, disagree constructively and politely, without becoming hostile or aggressive.
- Any post or comment deemed by us to be abusive, offensive, threatening, illegal, profane or defamatory toward a person, entity, belief or symbol will be removed and reported.
- Don’t use our page to spam, advertise or promote any commercial product or business. If you want to build a genuine, mutually beneficial and ethical partnership, get in touch with us directly!
- Unfortunately, the previous rule also extends to those promoting worthy causes, groups or pages that are not related to our mission: Children by Choice.
- We will remove any links or posts that are factually inaccurate, and will report content that spreads misinformation or seeks to mislead people.
- We will ban any users that we deem to be operating from a fake or ‘troll’ account.
- Comments and posts by community members do not represent the views of Marie Stopes Australia or Marie Stopes International.
- We do aim to amend any factually inaccurate information posted.
- We encourage you to post in English, so we can moderate effectively and ensure that this remains a safe space for everyone.
- If you are a patient of our clinical services and have a question, complaint or feedback, please direct your enquiry to the Marie Stopes in your home country.
We want every person who engages with us online to have a positive experience, free from vilification. To maintain this standard we must apply these rules without favour and will remove posts according to the rules above.
If you wish to have your say anonymously, would like to query these rules, or wish to give us feedback, you can always send us a private message, or contact us using this feedback form.
Thank you for taking the time to read our house rules. We appreciate your support and look forward to hearing from you!